RARA-AVIS: Readers' Perceptions

From: JIM DOHERTY ( jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com)
Date: 09 Oct 2001

Mark,

Re your question below:

> We've got a number of published authors in this
> group. Have any of you
> ever discovered something about your own writing
> after having your
> attention called to it by a reader?

Yes, which is rather interesting considering that I can hardly claim to be widely read.

Aside from casual readers, I once had something about a story I was working on pointed out to me by the other members of a writers group I was in. I made some changes based on their perceptions. That story wound up being my first sale.

JIM DOHERTY