Re: RARA-AVIS: Parker

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 09 Oct 2001

I'm with Doug on this one, that the author may not always be right about his own creations. Haven't you ever read an interview with an author where you wonder if you had read the same book that is being discussed? For instance, I'm sure authors are sometimes unaware of some of the subtexts in their own books. They can miss things because they are too close to their owon work.

We've got a number of published authors in this group. Have any of you ever discovered something about your own writing after having your attention called to it by a reader?

Mark