Re: RARA-AVIS: Recommended Lansdale?

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 05 Oct 2001

I read Act of Love first, but it didn't do much for me. It was a while before I tried another, but I finally read Savage Season, the first Hap and Leonard book, and I was hooked. The good thing about having waited was that here were a bunch more waiting for me, which I quickly consumed. I'd say read them in order, but I always say that. Although there is some continuity and character growth over the series, I don't think anyone would lose much by reading them out of order.

I keep meaning to, but haven't quite gotten around to his non-series work.

Mark