Re: RARA-AVIS: Recommended Lansdale?

From: r-and-jclinton ( r-and-jclinton@msn.com)
Date: 04 Oct 2001

From: "Mark Sullivan" < DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net>
> I keep meaning to, but haven't quite gotten around to his non-series
> work.

As much as I enjoy his Hap and Leonard series novels, it's the stand-alone novels that I enjoy the most and seem to show Lansdale at his strongest and most wildly versatile. His two most recent such novels, FREEZER BURN and THE BOTTOMS, are shining examples of the best the genre has to offer. THE BOTTOMS, if I'm not mistaken, also won an Edgar award as Best Novel. COLD IN JULY, another early stand-alone, is also brilliant.

His horror fiction ain't nothin' to sneeze at either.

Ron Clinton