Re: RARA-AVIS: Theme of the month - San Francisco

From: Teri Stock ( tstock@sbcglobal.net)
Date: 03 Oct 2001

For what it is worth, I remember clearly when I was in high school (58-62 & pre zip code) addressing Christmas cards and such for local delivery by just putting "City" under the address...and in this case, the thriving metropolis being referred to was Bakersfield, CA. Smile.

In the mid- to late 60's and early 70's, San Francisco was definite "The City," though, in casual conversation. Los Angeles, though, has never been a city, but rather a collection of towns.

Teri