Re: RARA-AVIS: What's in Jean's jeans?

From: Juri Nummelin ( jurnum@utu.fi)
Date: 01 Oct 2001

On Mon, 1 Oct 2001, Kevin Burton Smith wrote:

> Sorry, I don't know. But given where I live, I automatically assume
> any Jean is a "he."

Like Jean Harlow?

> And Francis could be either gender, too. Where is
> Webb's family from? That might be a clue.

I sure don't know. Fictionmags misc. mag. index gives only this:

WEBB, JEAN FRANCIS (1910-1991)
* Crime by the Carton [*Dan Fowler], (n.) G-Men Detective Feb -46
* The Dragon's Shadow, (ss) Argosy Jun 5 -37
* Lost Christmas, (nv) Love Book Magazine Dec -36

But no information about his/her gender.

Juri