Re: RARA-AVIS: the voice of hardboiled

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 14 Aug 2001

On 13 August 2001, Kent Westmoreland wrote:

: Here's where I go out on a limb. I think the actor who captured Marlowe
: best (or my image of Marlowe) was Powers Booth in the HBO series from the
: early eighties.

I agree. It's been 15 years since I saw that, but I remember it as being great, and Boothe being a great Marlowe, big and solid and cynical. Looking it up at the IMDB shows six of eleven episodes are out on a videotape set in North America. Worth seeing by anyone with money to burn or a library that carries them.

Bill