Re: RARA-AVIS: Elmore Leonard in the NYT

From: Jeanheller@aol.com
Date: 20 Jul 2001

What everybody is missing in Leonard's essay (or perhaps I've never been exposed to it before) is the great new word, Hoopdedoodle. Whoopdedo, I've heard. Hoopdedoodle is new to me. But I understand exactly what he's talking about. And in my own writing, I will execute search-and-destroy missions on Hoopdedoodle in the future. Maybe even in the present.

Jean Heller