Re: RARA-AVIS: Libraries

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 15 Jun 2001

<Keeping with this month's theme, you can have my first edition of Howard Browne's The Taste for Ashes when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers.>>

It sounds like you need our Protection Services. Where do you live?

Whisper (old Prizzi's voice): Some day you may need a favor...

As others have said, The Taste of Ashes is a great novel, a glorious swan song to the Chandler-style PI era. Another remarkable swan song, written much later, is Crumley's The Last Good Kiss. But I'm saying nothing new: everybody loves this novel.

I would like to propose Moral Ambiguity as a monthly topic.

Regards,

MrT