ID writers, please

From: Kevin Burton Smith ( kvnsmith@colba.net)
Date: 30 Apr 2001

>I'm due to moderate a panel at the Bloody Words convention here in Toronto
>next month: "Mean Streets and Dark Alleys." There was nothing hardboiled
>at the last one, so this is a step in the right direction, although Loren
>Estleman (the guest of honour) isn't on it.
>
>Thing is, I don't know anything about the four writers who are to be on
>the panel: Peter Chambers, Jose Latour, Gregory Ward and Chris Rippen.
>Does anyone know them? Do they write hardboiled or noirish stuff?

Hey, great! I'll see you there!

I think Ward is Canadian, and I think Peter Chambers is a Brit who writes about a American P.I. named Mark Preston. His real name's Dennis Phillips LaTour is a Cuban who wrote a great little book called OUTCAST, a sort of noir tale of betrayal and revenge set in Havana and Miami's Cuban community. It was short-listed for an Edgar, and it's received some pretty good press (including, I must admit, by me, on the January site). Chris Rippen? No idea.

--

Kevin Burton Smith The Thrilling Detective Web Site http://www.thrillingdetective.com
Now online: The P.I. Poll Grab Bag. Fiction by Laura Lippman, Darren Subarton, Robert Hoyden and Kent Westmoreland. And the debut of FEMME NOIR.