RE: RARA-AVIS: Bleedin' Heart Burke?

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 30 Apr 2001

Miker wrote:

"i liked shella too, but i couldn't read much along that line... it was by far the most depressing book i've ever read."

Well, in that case, you probably shouldn't pick up Derek Raymond's I Was Dora Suarez.

Crumley's The Wrong Case is one of the more depressing books I've read in the genre, although for different reasons. Let's just say Milo hangs out in a bar which hangs pictures of dead patrons. If strangers ask how they can get their picture put up, the reply is "Die."

Mark