RARA-AVIS: Williams in print

From: Juri Nummelin ( jurnum@utu.fi)
Date: 19 Apr 2001

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Robison Michael R CNIN wrote:

> nothing by charles williams in print (i know it was mentioned
> several times in the group but it never hurts to look.).

I'm late commenting on this, but nevertheless: how come some British publisher doesn't have for example "The Long Saturday Night" in their lists, even when it was adapted for screen by Francois Truffaut in 1983? And what about "Hell Hath No Fury" or "Dead Calm" that were filmed also in the eighties? (Or was the Hopper film from 1990?) I have "The Long Saturday Night" as a Pan Books edition from the late sixties, for some reason I thought that it would still be in print.

Juri