RE: RARA-AVIS: i've been listening

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 18 Apr 2001

Miker, which Block book did you read? He has a wide variety of styles. If you intend to give him another try you might want to check out Eight Million Ways to Die, When the Sacred Ginmill Closes or one of the recently listed one-offs.

As for Elmore Leonard, I think most on this list would agree that Get Shorty is past his prime, an amusing Hollywood novel at best. I'd recommend trying one of his Detroit novels -- City Primeval, Swag (AKA Ryan's Rules), Split Images, Unknown Man No. 89. They are tight crime novels, not humorous caper books.

Mark