Re: RARA-AVIS: ICE HARVEST

From: Ann Chambers Theis ( theisa@co.chesterfield.va.us)
Date: 30 Nov 2000

At 08:10 AM 11/28/00 +0600, you wrote:
>Has anyone read THE ICE HARVEST? It got two different rave reviews in the
>New York Times. Supposed to be a teriffic hardboiled novel.

I really liked this one, interesting plot tinged with dark humor. This is my kind of Christmas book (spoken as a former bookstore person who has never recovered from the holiday retail experience). I selected it as a December feature title on Overbooked. It also made the NYT Notable Mystery Books list, along with: THE BOTTOMS, PURPLE CANE ROAD, and WINTER OF THE WOLF MOON (among others).

Also, I've added new listings for 2001 releases including: Gores (new DKA), new Mosley (FEARLESS JONES), Daniel's Woodrell's THE DEATH OF SWEET MISTER.

http://www.overbooked.org/hotmyst20011.html http://www.overbooked.org/hotmyst20012.html

Ann Chambers Theis ~ theisa@co.chesterfield.va.us Collection Management Administrator, Chesterfield County Public Library (VA) Overbooked, a resource for ravenous readers - http://www.overbooked.org