RARA-AVIS: Just a thought....

From: Kevin Burton Smith ( kvnsmith@colba.net)
Date: 29 Nov 2000

Eddie H. wrote:

>that movie "i'm gonna get you sucka" is the same...reclaim the neighborhood
>with as much firepower and violence that it takes.

But I'M GONNA GET YA, SUCKA is a spoof. You knew that, right? Or am I wrong? I haven't seen it, but I've always heard it was a pretty funny take off on spaghetti westerns and blaxploitation films.

In fact, come to think of it, could anyone actually film RED HARVEST these days with a straight face? Its over-the-top violence might make it look like a failed parody of all the mindless so-called action flicks that are around?

Oh, and Eddie was also asking about movies based on JDM's books. Over the years I've cobbled together a list. It's on my site -- go to AUTHORS, and then to John D. MacDonald, and scroll down to FILM. It's probably not complete, but it's a start.

Oh, and I don't think the colours in the McGee titles bear any specific significance, beyond a title gimmick. Though no doubt someone's right this minute writing their thesis on it, to prove me wrong.

Kevin http://www.thrillingdetective.com