RARA-AVIS: Callahan.

From: David White ( dpwhite@eden.rutgers.edu)
Date: 25 Nov 2000

Was just watching TBS's 24 hours of Eastwood and Dirty Harry was on. This movie (the original the later get really silly, if I remember correctly) has to be considered a pretty darn hard boiled movie. The use of San Francisco is great, it really comes across as a living entity and I think location is an extremely important aspect of hard boiled works. There are too many hard boiled scenes to count, but the ones that really come to mind after watching is Callahan stepping on Scorpio's leg to get the info on the missing girl, and Scorpio paying to have the crap beaten out of him to blame on Harry. I wasn't around in the seventies, and I'm not sure how everyone else feels about this, which is why I came to ask the list.

-Dave