RARA-AVIS: Bouchercon

From: abc@wt.net
Date: 11 Sep 2000

I got in from Denver last night, and I just wanted to report that I did see a few rara-avians (you know who you are) at the Bouchercon. The panel I moderated on "Forgotten Paperback Writers of the 1950s" was very well attended (much to my surprise), and we had a great time talking about many of the writers whose names have turned up here (and a few whose names haven't turned up here, too). I had a handout with a lot of names on it, including that of Robert Kyle, mentioned by Manuel Ramos as the author of the Ben Gates books.

Bill Crider