Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Way of the Gun

From: a.n.smith ( ansmith@netdoor.com)
Date: 09 Sep 2000

> Neil, have you seen it? I'd be very interested if you have a similar
> take.

It's not playing in our little town yet. I read a Creative Screenwriting magazine article about it (the new issue is all about the new noir films), and I'm interested. McQuarrie said somewhere that he didn't want to write another crime film after Usual Suspects and risk getting pegged as a crime guy (What? I dream of being pegged as a crime guy), so he wrote this as a way to never have them ask him to do another crime film. Oh well. He's good at it, too.