RARA-AVIS: henry miller and

From: Jason M Boog ( jboog@umich.edu)
Date: 24 Apr 2000

Hello again,

Recently a friend of mine told me that he heard that Henry Miller wrote a private detective novel at some point in his career. I looked through a lot of bibliographies, and found nothing. Would anybody on the list be able to confirm or deny this rumor? I would love to read a Henry Miller private dick book. Also, I recently re-read Willeford's Pick-Up, and realized how much I loved the chapters set in the mental hospital. Ross MacDonald's Drowning Pool and Ellroy's Because the Night both had great mental hospital-related settings as well. Does anybody have any favorite hardboiled books with similar places?

Thanks, Jason Boog