RARA-AVIS: Police procedural

From: Brian Lawrence ( bdlawrence@netscape.net)
Date: 19 Apr 2000

<<Talking about police procedurals. Would it be safe to say they're written solely from the cop's point of view?>>

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your use of "point of view", but if you're talking about character's point of view, McBain in the 87th Precinct novels often gives us the criminal's and other's point of view.

And for some blatant BSP, my police procedural coming out in July (from Gemini Books - http://www.lisawrites.com) also gives other POV's outside of the cop's, including the bad guy's and a psychologist's.

I think this is a matter of style more than a requirement for police procedurals.

Brian Lawrence http://www.eclectics.com/brianlawrence

____________________________________________________________________ Get your own FREE, personal Netscape WebMail account today at http://webmail.netscape.com.