Re: RARA-AVIS: Using film noir in the classroom

From: a.n.smith ( ansmith@netdoor.com)
Date: 09 Apr 2000

I'm not going to say where, just in case, but film classes at the university i work for show films in class all the time. i guess as educational tools, the problems of copyright don't apply. I mean, even though students are paying for the class time, you aren't charging them to see the movie, right? Isn't that considered for any educational based showing?

Actually, next summer,l I might sit in on the Noir film class here myself.