Re: RARA-AVIS: Hammett Opera

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 03 Mar 2000

On 3 March 2000, Sean Carson wrote:

: I've been working on an opera based on Hammett's _Red Harvest_. A
: scaled-down version of one scene will be premiered at the end of
: April. If you're in New York, please come check it out!

What an amazing idea. What is the music like? Could you show us the libretto for the part being performed? How do you imagine a full-scale production would look? Do you think it'll get a full performance, and will you try to cut a CD? I'd certainly want one. I'm sure we'd all be interested in hearing how you came to write it, how you felt Hammett and opera worked together, influences that were important to the work, etc. Congratulations.

Bill