Re: RARA-AVIS: Bloody London, Reggie Nadelson

From: Peter Walker ( pw@pw.cablenet.co.uk)
Date: 29 Jan 1994

> Anyone heard of or read a new novel titled Bloody London by Reggie Nadelson?

And here's *my* review for crimetime et al........

"Bloody London" Reggie Nadleson Published Faber and Faber Pkb 9.99

Don't, as I have often said, judge a book by its cover. In this case it's a puke pink job which is pretty scary. However it quickly becomes apparent that this is a class act.

It is extremely well written - despite a dodgy opening which is worth putting behind you quickly (a bit like the cover really) - and has a nicely convoluted plot with a good host of characters to keep things ticking over. The New York setting is wonderfully realised and the first half of the book is the better for it. The action shifts to London in the second half which gives rise to some fairly
`off-the-wall' stuff such as "London's big. Planet London" but by this point you are hooked.

This is the first time I've come across PI Artie Cohen. There are two earlier books which I for one will be checking out.

Peter Walker.