Re: RARA-AVIS: Help Finding Stories

From: Jim Beaver ( JUMBLEJIM@prodigy.net)
Date: 20 Jan 2000

> I'm curious, is Heston's book worth reading? It sounds like the Welles
stuff is
> worthwhile. In particular, I'm wondering if there is much Peckinpah
stuff in
> it.

I'm enjoying it tremendously. I'm a political opponent of Heston's, but we have very similar views on the theatre and on acting, and I like his personality. He writes very well. This is the second of his two books that I've read. IN THE ARENA, this one's called. The previous was an acting journal.

I've only just passed the BEN-HUR period, so I can't answer about Peckinpah. But he writes interestingly of the creation of a couple of noirs, the aforementioned TOUCH OF EVIL and his first Hollywood picture, the rather hard-boiled DARK CITY.

Jim Beaver