RARA-AVIS: Pelecanos - Shame the Devil.

From: ejm duggan ( ejmd@cwcom.net)
Date: 17 Jan 2000

Peter Walker < pw@pw.cablenet.co.uk> wrote:

> Have just been handed the (new?) Pelecanos book - Shame the Devil.
> Where / How does this fit into the whole Pelecanos ouvre?
> Is it any good? Any comments?

I haven't read it (but I won't let that minor technicality stop me commenting!) but it is supposed to be good. From the title it sounds as if GP's use of Christian imagery is looming still larger (I spotted a couple of incidences of crucifix imagery in The Sweet Forever). It is the final instalment in the so-called 'Washington Tetralogy', and it's the most-recently published Pelecanos book. If you've read and liked King Suckerman or The Sweet Forever you'll probably like this one. (You didn't get it via CT, by any chance?)

ED