Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Shane Stevens (note spelling)

From: Bob Toomey ( btoomey@javanet.com)
Date: 18 Jan 2000

Paul Duncan wrote:

> Stevens now works as a scriptwriter in Hollywood. I tried to contact him
> through a friend of a friend but Stevens ain't doing interviews - he has
> always refused to be interviewed and wrote that the work should speak
> for itself.

No hits on Shane Stevens or J.W. Rider in The Internet Movie Database. Any idea what films he's written?

I have the sense of a major writer slipping away. Mediocre pseudonymous PI novels and anonymous or unproduced screenplays after some brilliant early work
-- although I didn't much care for THE ANVIL CHORUS, the last book under his own name. But DEAD CITY and WAY UPTOWN IN ANOTHER WORLD are real achievements, among the best crime novels ever written, and I'm surprised they're not better known.

BobT