Re: RARA-AVIS: Willeford

Ron Clinton (
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 13:15:22 -0800

I guess that's what happens when you read books that are 20, 30 or 40 years old - when you're glimpsing something of the past that no longer has the power to shock and, in fact, now seems quite ordinary. But I suppose in the context of the time the book was written, that last line referring to interracial dating probably did seem like quite a twist in the tale. Thanks for the clarification.

Ron Clinton