RARA-AVIS: blown away

Mark Blumenthal (blumenidiot@21stcentury.net)
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 00:04:56 -0600

I think this is the date and group to ask this question as its answer would involve looking back for those who reply and perhaps plannning ahead for people who want ideas for new books.

What established hard boiled authors have ever you read wose work that so blew you away on first exposure that you tried to find and then read all they had written as soon as possible? To make sure there are not really long lists, let's hold down the number to five.

My answers would be pretty conventional: Hammett Chandler Ross MacDonald Ross Thomas Crais

I would have Richard Stark as my fifth if author's using pseudonyms are considered separate. Mark