RE: RARA-AVIS: Ellroy/Dick Contino

Scott Pepperman (
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 07:39:50 -0800 (PST)

 Incidentally, I remember seeing "Daddy-O" on Mystery Science Theater 3000. I don't recall Dick Contino, or even knowing who he was at the time, but there was this one scene where a woman holds an apple in her palm and asks, "Want some?" (how symbollic!) and a guy knocks it out of her hand. Joel and the robots did their own version of it and showed that part over and over. My wife and I still use the gag to this day.

-Scott Pepperman