Re: RARA-AVIS: Suggestions for Hardboiled History Book?

A.N.Smith (ansmith@netdoor.com)
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 07:50:23 -0000

I don't think it's from the specific to the general to speak of pulps when considering the development of hardboiled writing in the detective pulps. I mentioned Pulp Culture because of the sections on mystery/crime mags as well as a section that shows writers who started their carerrs in the pulps--Hammett and Chandler of course, but also Erle S. Gardner, Daly, Frederick Nebel, Woolrich, all important in hb history.

neil s.