Re: RARA-AVIS: RARA-AVIS chandler question, spillane article

Mark Sullivan (AnonymeInc@webtv.net)
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 09:14:25 -0400 (EDT)

Anders wrote:

<<Otherwise, the movie is sort of a modernized version of Cervantes'
"Don Quixote" (not HB to my knowledge), in which the main character has overdosed on HB pulp literature to the extent that he thinks he really is a '50s New York P.I.>>

Ths is the same premise of Mark Schorr's three Diamond books, about a cab driver who believes he is a pulp PI. I read the first a long time ago and recall enjoying it; I've got the other two in a box somewhere, maybe I should dig them out.

Mark