Re: RARA-AVIS: RARA-AVIS chandler question, spillane article

M-T (matrxtech@sprintmail.com)
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 09:33:31 -0400

Mark Sullivan:

<<Ths is the same premise of Mark Schorr's three Diamond books, about a cab driver who believes he is a pulp PI. I read the first a long time ago and recall enjoying it; I've got the other two in a box somewhere, maybe I should dig them out.>>

What happened to Schorr? After a great beginning, he dropped out of sight (at least in the mystery genre). Is he another victim of publisher's greed? By the way, there is a discussion going on in rec.arts.mystery about the situation of midlist authors who are being dropped by their publishers. It's particularly relevant to hardboiled authors. I can envision "guilds" of authors publishing directly in electronic form and selling from a Web site. Without paper, the investment is modest and the profits potentially large, or at least greater than zero.

Regards,

mt