Re: RARA-AVIS: French Noir - J-C Izzo

Etienne Borgers (freeweb@rocketmail.com)
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 22:39:33 -0700 (PDT)

I recently saw one novel by Daniel Pennac published in the UK : La Fee Carabine ( I forgot the title in Englih!) So perhaps there is a chance that it made its way to the US market? But, on a second thought I doubt it, as Pennac in that series is mixing Noir with humor, surrealism, social incorrectness... and all in non-linear plots.

There are many more French authors besides Izzo who merit to find their way to English translations. But they don't.

E.Borgers Hard-boiled Mysteries http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384

---Mark Sullivan <AnonymeInc@webtv.net> wrote:

> French noir available in the US? Jean Echenoz
doesn't really count as
> noir, does he? How about Sebastien Japrisot? Some
of Simenon's
> non-Maigret titles are decidedly noir. I just
ordered Leo Malet's Fog
> over Tobiac Bridge. Except for Echenoz, none is
particularly