Re: RARA-AVIS: Rankin or Harvey for Reading List

Mari Hall (found.dead.in.texas@airmail.net)
Sat, 12 Jun 1999 09:20:42 -0500

Mbdlevin@aol.com wrote:

> Bill Denton writes:
>
> << I haven't read any Rankin or Harvey, so perhaps someone could comment on
> them. >>
>
> Perhaps we could put a Rankin or Harvey title--or even a McBain--on the
> reading list.
>
> Doug

If you put Rankin on I would suggest Mortal Causes (I'm not sure there is a "first" in the series), but I thought this the most interesting as it deals with Edinburgh's underground and it was the featured in the Good Sunday Morning (or whatever that program is) where Ian read from the book and toured the Edinburgh underground. Of course, Start Harvey wtih the first Resnick, they do show a change and growth pattern, like Morse.

--
from Mari Hall found.dead.in.texas@airmail.net
Good friends help you move. Really good friends help you move the dead