Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Hardboiled Dames

Mari Hall (found.dead.in.texas@airmail.net)
Sat, 12 Jun 1999 09:56:33 -0500

Mark Sullivan wrote:

> The other day I saw a book called Black Rubber Dress by Lauren
> Henderson. Judging by the jacket copy, it purports to star as
> hardboiled as any man. Has anyone read it? Is it any good?

Oh, yeah, oh yeah. Sam Jones is one of my favorite people. This book went out of print in the UK when it came out, and I'm so glad to see folks in the US find it. She's a doll too; Stella Duffy [now there's another hard-boiled dame] told me she and Lauren were doing some appearances together. Eddie, did you see them, was it wild??? Can't imagine them even in the same room at the same time.

By all means invest the $12.00 in the book. You're gonna love this one.

--
from Mari Hall found.dead.in.texas@airmail.net
Good friends help you move. Really good friends help you move the dead