Re: RARA-AVIS: Hard Boiled Frank

RAOUL DAVIS (raoul1@home.com)
Fri, 07 May 1999 16:42:08 +0000 Footnote on Sinatra's hardboiled literary connections: Tony Rome and
sequel were based on the writings of two-fisted Marvin Albert (the
paperback pro
not the sportscaster cannibal) and Suddenly was scripted by former
pulp luminary Richard Sale (the man who told Lester Dent to shove it)
from one of his own magazine stories. Oh, yeah, and leave us not forget
that Sinatra hired the author of Little Caesar and Asphalt Jungle to
write the Rat Pack Western, Sergeants Three.Keeping such fellows
solvent makes him no clyde in my book.
RD

#