Re: RARA-AVIS: God is a Scam

Mari Hall (found.dead.in.texas@airmail.net)
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 08:09:34 -0600 pabergin wrote:

> Fred Willard's enthusiasm notwithstanding (Fred's a damn fine writer who
> ought to know better than to link up with half-done, half-thought,
> half-completed stroke pieces like God is a Bullet), Mr Teran's debut is
> jejune at best, the novel as MTV clip at worst.

Since Fred, whom I respect and trust to know what he is talking about,
recommended this and Mr. Smith was kind enough to point me to the
web-page with the first three chapters onit, I went out and read it.
Thank goodness, now I don't have to buy the book to see what trash it
is. I wonder who he [Teran] thought he was imitating. It is '60's trash.
Thanks for pointing this out; sometimes I have problems actually
verbalizing "what is wrong", but that sums it up. I don't like reading
about drug addicts, I don't mind the protagonist as a criminal (Wyatt,
Parker, et al) but I do mind the drugs, it didn't work for me. If you
want good drugs and story read Terrill Lankford.

--
from Mari Hall found.dead.in.texas@airmail.net
#