RARA-AVIS: Chester Himes (Future readings)

EJM Duggan (ejmd@mcmail.com)
Mon, 08 Mar 1999 09:29:30 +0000 On Mon, 8 Mar 1999, ANONYMEINC@webtv.net (Mark Sullivan) wrote:

> If we're considering Goines and Slim (I've actually seen his books filed
> in bookstores under S, as if Slim were his last name), shouldn't we
> consider their ancestor, Chester Himes?
[SNIP]

I'll second the proposal to add Messrs Goines and Slim to the list,
along with Mr Himes, should proposals need 'seconding'.

Serpent's Tail have just/are just about to reissue/d Himes's _If He
Hollers Let Him Go_ so there shouldn't be any difficulty in getting hold
of a Himes title.

ED