RARA-AVIS: Need some help

EJM Duggan (ejmd@mcmail.com)
Sat, 06 Mar 1999 12:25:52 +0000 On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, "Geir Glosvik" <gglosvik@newmedia.no> wrote:

[SNIP]
> Who was Shipley Adams and when did he publish 'Murder Well Begun'? And
> Robert Chestnut, Lewis Clay and Charles Clos? I'll just mention Barry Cord
> and James Dark before I stop.

Hello Geir,

It would seem that you have all the 'B's sorted out as you are only
asking about A, C and D authors (I suspect your holding back on E-Z).

The only Adams my reference books offer are Cleve, Herbert and
Samuel--no Shipley, I'm afraid. I also drew a blank on Chestnut, Clay,
Clos and Dark.

Have you tried Jan Steffenson's Mysterious Homepage?
[I don't recall the URL, but you should find it with any search engine,
or go to http://www.ejmd.mcmail.com/genlinks.htm and follow the link
from there]

BTW, I looked in:
TJ Binyon, _Murder Will Out
Howard Haycraft, _Art of the Mystery Story_
HRF Keating, _Bedside Companion to Crime_
Ian Ousby, _Crime and Mystery Book_
Julian Symons, _Blooody Murder_

ED