RARA-AVIS: Get Carter and/or a Dan Kavanagh

E J M Duggan (ejmd@mcmail.com)
Sun, 22 Nov 1998 22:01:16 -0800 On Sun, 22 Nov 1998, William Denton <buff@vex.net> wrote:

> Let's get some of the upcoming titles for the reading list nailed
> down. Is _Get Carter_ in print in the States? Amazon.co.uk shows it
> on back order, so is it even in the shops there?

I've not seen it on the shelves at the local Waterstones, but a) this is
Ipswich, and b) they're clearing the decks for Xmas (bookshops
equivalent of the Grand National, I suppose).

> It should be much easier for English and Canada readers to get these
> books, if they're in print

I just ordered a copy of _Get Carter_ from <http://amazon.co.uk> and
clicked the 'order' button before discovering they also list _Jack's
Return Home_ at a much lower price.

Both titles however are 'back ordered' which might mean after thwo or
three weeks an order could come to nothing.

It'd be interesting to see how they'd respond to a flurry of orders
though, from all over the place, for one obscure title ... well, I think
it *could* be rather neat, but the chances are there's not a real person
at the other end to actually notice :-(

Still, I'm waiting by the letter-box hoping my copy'll drop through any
day now :-)

ED