Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: reply to Marshall

Words from the Monastery (jackechs@erols.com)
Sun, 13 Sep 1998 07:19:04 -0400 At 01:06 AM 9/13/98 -0400, Takhoman@aol.com wrote:

>Ellroy is the first writer since the 40's to capture the true meaning of
noir.
>Sorry Marshall but you're out in left field without a glove let alone a clue.
>hard-boiled marshmallow that you are get with the program or get out

What's the point in this? Do the insults make your point more valid? From
where I'm standing they make your point very weak and do not substantiate
it in the least ... but then, that's what ad hominem will do to an
argument. Instead of taking the easy way out, how about a compare and
contrast or analysis with something of substance to support your point? If
it's true and as obvious as you infer that "Ellroy is the first writer
since the 40's to capture the true meaning of noir" well then you should
not have any problem defending your position without resorting to name
calling. Now, if that's beyond your abilities ... maybe you should
consider being the one to leave.

----
volente Deo,

Anthony
jackechs@erols.com or ICQ #3717510
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/4640/

"One man is not an island, but one man can
make a difference." Budlight Commercial
#