Re: Michael Connelly (was Re: RARA-AVIS: RE: Jazz in Andrew ...)

Mari Hall (found.dead.in.texas@airmail.net)
Tue, 07 Apr 1998 09:46:06 -0500 William Denton wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Apr 1998, Gary Warren Niebuhr wrote:
>
> : We just had a rather special weekend here in Milwaukee at Mystery
> : One. Michael Connelly on Friday night (went out to dinner with
> : Mr. Connelly afterward with the hard-boiled coven from Milwaukee and
> : to our surprise, he bought dinner!).
>
> That must have been a good night. What's Connelly like?
>
> Bill
> --
> William Denton | Toronto, Canada | http://www.vex.net/~buff/ | Caveat lector.
> "It is better to incur a mild rebuke than to perform an onerous task."
> -- "Uncle" Oswald Hendryks Cornelius
>
> #

Don't know about guys, but with me he is always a gentleman. When I saw
him at LCC I told him I'd seen soon in Dallas and then when I saw him I
started to remind him of LCC and he very gallently said "oh, no, he
recalled me and what I had said about the Chandler panel." I think he's
sort-a shy and Bob Greer told me at St. Paul that you'd never know he
was a millionaire and nobody deserved it more. That he still helped
folks and talked like a human being (so I guess Bob had some contact
with him).

--
whose DOROTHYL nom is Kate Warne the ex-Pinkerton in
The Woman With the Rose Tattoo by Mari Hall