Re: RARA-AVIS: James Hadley Chase film

James Rogers (jetan@ionet.net)
Sat, 21 Feb 1998 08:22:13 -0600 (CST) At 12:02 AM 2/21/98 -0600, you wrote:
>I notice that a new crime film, "Palmetto," is based upon "Just Another
>Sucker," by James Hadley Chase. Is the book worth hunting up? Anyone seen
>the Volker Schlondorff film?

For those who don't know, Chase was an infamous plagarist....IIRC,
Chandler sued him.... who was also known for writing NO ORCHIDS FOR MISS
BLANDISH (a sort of poor man's SANCTUARY) which was universally acclaimed as
the worst novel ever written. It also sold heaps of copies and, I guess, is
now a big classic of sorts. It came out in a Penguin edition a few years
back, which would seem to represent establishment success.

James
James Michael Rogers
jetan@ionet.net
" I carried it too far, that's for sure" - Jeffrey Dahmer

#