Re: RARA-AVIS: The Readings

michael david sharp (msharp@umich.edu)
Sun, 4 Jan 1998 22:54:30 -0500 (EST) I love this reading list, mainly bec. it contains three books I'm teaching
this term. I'm gonna steal ideas from y'all like crazy. Hope that's OK...
I do hope people will read and contribute to discussions. I've been lax
for a while, but promise to be better (for what that's worth).

On the subject of new hardboiled, I just read *Give Us a Kiss* by Daniel
Woodrell and liked it a lot. Like a *Swamp Sister* for the 90s. Backwoods
violence and plenty of humor. Recommended. It's also very short, so if you
don't like it you won't have wasted much of your life in finding that
fact out. Happy New Year. M-

Michael D. Sharp Email: msharp@umich.edu
Department of English Lang. and Lit. Phone: (313) 761-8776
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor Fax: (313) 763-3128