RARA-AVIS: Thompson bio

michael david sharp (msharp@umich.edu)
Wed, 26 Nov 1997 20:41:12 -0500 (EST) The bio of Thompson, *Savage Art* by Robert Polito, is fascinating, though
a little bloated. He tries to tell you Everything he knows about Thompson
-- frankly the part about his childhood and young adulthood just goes on
and gets a bit repetitive, though it is chock full of revealing info. The
part about Thompson's Lion years is really cool; I can trace my (two-year)
career as a vintage pb collector directly back to this part of Polito's
book. I think I started collecting (and collecting Lion books in
particular) the week after I finished reading Polito. I recommend it
highly.

Michael D. Sharp Email: msharp@umich.edu
Department of English Lang. and Lit. Phone: (313) 761-8776
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor Fax: (313) 763-3128

#