[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RARA-AVIS: Chandler on film.

  You can't think film noir without thinking hard-boiled, at least I
can't I don't know about you. Any way just for the record here is a
film record of the films ether based on the works of Raymound Chandler,
or worked on by Chandler himself, to be sure most of his film work was
done in collaboration with others, you can still see the stamp of his
style and vision on most of them. If the listing has a (R.C.) at the
end that means that the screenplay is one that Chandler worked on.

The Falcon Takes Over. (1944) based on Farwell My Lovely.

And Now Tomorrow. (1944) (R.C.)

Double Indemnity. (1944) (R.C.)

Murder My Sweet. (1944) Based on Farwell My Lovely.

The Unseen. (1945) (R.C.)

The Big Sleep. (1946) Did not work on the film verson himself, but at
one point they called him to clear up a part of the book. He was unable
to help them.

The Blue Dahlia. (1946) (R.C.) And he wrote the story as well.

Lady in the Lake. (1946)

The Brasher Doubloon. (1947) from the novel The High Window.

Strangers on a Train. (1951) (R.C.)

Lady in Cement. (1968) Gawdawful Frank Sinatra film based loosely on
Farwell My Lovely with Marlowe turned into Tony Rome. No credit given
to the novel on which it was based. And thank goodness for small favors!

Marlowe. (1969) based on The Little Sister.

The Long Goodbye. (1973)

Farewell, My Lovely. (1975)

The Big Sleep. (1978)

The Man Who Envied Women. (1985) from the writings of Chandler.

Proini Peripolos (1987) loosely based on diffrent works of Chandler.
-
# to majordomo@icomm.ca

[Archives] | [RARA-AVIS]