[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RARA-AVIS: Newer authors

I don't think these authors have been mentioned yet, but they've all written
'series' of one sort or another.

Jonathan Valin - series about a PI called Harry Stoner.  I'd rank them up
there with the likes of Estleman and Parker.

Stephen Dobyns - wrote a series about a Saratoga PI.  I think he's still
writing.  Titles like _Saratoga Swimmer_, _Saratoga Snapper_, _Saratoga
Headhunter_, etc.

These aren't hard-boiled as such, but are very good in their own way:

Joseph Hansen's Dave Brandstetter novels.

Lawrence Gough - more police procedural set in (I think, quoting from memory)
Vancouver.

I also read a good novel recently called _Trinity_ by someone called Nick
Tosches.  Has he written anything else?

-Stephen-

*  Stephen Holden                                  *
*  Queen Mary & Westfield College                  *
*  London E1 4NS                                   *