[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RARA-AVIS: Newer authors

Stephen asks--

> I also read a good novel recently called _Trinity_ by someone called Nick
> Tosches.  Has he written anything else?

Nick Tosches has written a number of wonderful (and perverse) books on
popular music. Among those books are the recently reprinted _Country :
the twisted roots of rock 'n' roll_, _Dino : living high in the dirty
business of dreams_ (great biography about Dean Martin), _Hellfire : the
Jerry Lee Lewis story_, and _Unsung heroes of rock 'n' roll_ (with the
infamous Louis Prima/Keeley Smith story--read it yourself to find out).
He has also published another work of fiction, _Cut numbers_.  Tosches
may not be totally accurate in the things he says about music, but
everything he's written is well worth reading.
--
James Stephenson
Rare Books & Special Collections Cataloger