[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RARA-AVIS: Newer Authors

It had been ages since I picked up anything "new," but a couple of
months ago I read Michael Stone's _Low End of Nowhere_, the first
"Streeter" novel.  I was so taken with it that I quickly found and
devoured the second in the series, _A Long Reach_.  Reasonably
hard-boiled, but accessible and humorous.  I'd recommend these two
novels.

And, of course, I've always got to put a plug in for George P.
Pelecanos--although I was slightly disappointed by his latest effort,
_The Big Blowdown_.  Anyone with a taste for the harder stuff will find
pure pleasure in the three Nick Steffanos novels, or the non-series
novel _Shoedog_.
--
James Stephenson
Rare Books & Special Collections Cataloger