[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RARA-AVIS: Re:LOST HIGHWAY

I just saw David Lynch's LOST HIGHWAY, and thought it was an amazing film.
Hardboiled to the cracked nut!  I think most people who will see this film
will hate it.  It is the ultimate Lynch aesthetic.  What is intersting to
me (anong other things in the film) is how the imagery is mostly from
classic noir fiction.  It is almost a comment or reaction to Edgar Ulmer's
DETOUR.  Sort of a crazy mixed up post-modern comment on that film (or
aesthetic) but neverless an interesting commentary on the medium of Noir
and all its off-shoots.  Do see it!

Tosh Berman
TamTam Books

-